Frequently Asked Question
Our LiFePO4 batteries are sealed. They can be put into locations that might get wet or damp without worry about damaging the battery.
Our LiFePO4 Lithium batteries are sealed, they do not release any liquids or harsh fumes.
- Low Voltage Protection Switch – Automatically disconnects at 8V
- Over Voltage Protection Switch – Automatically disconnects at 15.6V
- Short Circuit Protection Switch – Automatically disconnects
- Reverse Polarity Protection Switch – Automatically disconnects
- Internal cell balancing – Automatically balances cells
- Charge Balancing – Independent balancing for multiple batteries connected in parallel or in series.
For a more accurate calculation of battery currents divide load watts by actual battery voltage, this will be in the range 12-14V (24-28V).
Then to allow for inverter efficiency, typically 85%, divide the figure by 0.85. Thus:
For a 300W load at 12V….300 ÷ 12 ÷ 0.85 = 29.4 Amps.
For a 300W load at 14V….300 ÷ 14 ÷ 0.85 = 25.2 Amps.
For a 300W load at 24V….300 ÷ 24 ÷ 0.85 = 14.7 Amps.
For a 300W load at 28V….300 ÷ 28 ÷ 0.85 = 12.6 Amps.
Note: Figures in brackets are for 24V systems.