Warranty Policy – Others
- Scope of this policy
In order to achieve warranty compliance according to industry standards throughout our operations, this policy outlines our commitment to accountability and assurance throughout management of operations.
This policy covers items that were working at the time of delivery but subsequently have become faulty.
If the item is faulty or incorrect at the time of delivery or you have changed your mind on receiving the items, then please refer to our Refund and Exchange Policy.
Australian Consumer Law states that “a product must be safe, durable, free from defects, fit for purpose, acceptable in appearance, match its description and match any sample or demonstration model” (www.consumerlaw.gov.au).
We are committed to the highest standards of conduct. To meet this commitment, we have issued this Warranty Policy to cover our operations and to more closely align our conduct with the industry standards.
- Warranty on our products
The manufacturer’s warranty is included with the product specifications for each product on our website.
All Products come standard with one-year manufacturers’ warranty unless otherwise stated.
The one-year warranty period commences on the date that the product is successfully delivered to your delivery address.
Please note that incompatibility is not a fault. We cannot ensure what you purchased is compatible with your existing goods.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. If the goods fail to be of acceptable quality, you are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced.
You may be entitled to benefits under the terms of any additional manufacturer’s warranty in addition to the rights and remedies you may have under the Australian Consumer Law. The manufacturer’s warranty (if applicable to your product) does not in any way affect your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
If you have a minor problem with a product, we may offer you assistance or give you a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. When you have a major problem with a product, we will provide you with the choice of a replacement or refund. We will always endeavour to liaise with you to provide the best possible solution according to your needs and be as flexible as possible in our approach.
- Warranty Conditions
- The warranty is not transferable and only applicable to the original end user of the product;
- The warranty period is not renewed or extended as a result of a warranty repair or replacement;
- The warranty only applies to items purchased through Prishda Energy or authorised re-sellers.
The warranty is invalid if the defect or fault is caused by:
- Inability to install the product as per the instructions provided;
- Failure to operate or maintain the product according to manufacturer instructions;
- Inappropriate or improper use of the item for purposes other than that for which it was designed;
- Neglect, carelessness, mistreatment or poor handling of the item;
- Accidental damage;
- Tampering or alterations to any part of the item or its attachments including safety tags or labels or markings;
- Contamination or damage to the item by foreign material, inappropriate cleaning agents, corrosive liquids or the like;
- Repairs, alterations or modifications performed by a third party without the consent of Prishda Energy;
- Changes in the condition or operating abilities of the product resulting from using incorrect charger, incorrect storage, incorrect installation, incorrect application, incorrect maintenance, environmental factors, or other influences.
- Warranty Exclusions
Any damage to property, personal injury, direct or indirect loss, consequential losses or other expenses are not covered to the extent permitted by law.
Unless stated by the manufacturer, all warranties are back to base warranties. This means the end user must pay the postage costs to return the faulty product for assessment and repair to Prishda Energy. If the item is repaired or replaced by Prishda Energy the postage for the replacement item back to the end user must also be covered by the end user.
- How to make a warranty claim
Please call us first before attempting to make a claim. It is essential you leave the product in-situ (in place) so we can talk through the problem. It enables us to:
- talk through any testing the customer can conduct;
- try to establish the extent of the problem and the root cause;
- allows us to eliminate other connected items such as cable, connectors etc.
We will try to establish how and why the product is faulty by asking questions and talking you through some simple testing, investigations, assessments, analyses that you could perform.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are up to date with changes.